On March 23rd 2016, AFNeT and its partners have organized the 1st edition of AFNeT Standardization Day on the subject of « Digital threads in industry based on PLM open standards ».
A successful event with more than 150 participants from France, Germany and UK and five major industrial sectors Aerospace & Defence, Automotive, Construction, Nuclear, Railway & Shipbuilding.
The audience had the opportunity to share the industry needs for the digital thread in multiple industries : Rail, Nuclear, Automotive, Defence and Aerospace:
• The digital transformation is vital for their competitiveness (costs, time to market, quality) … or their survival
• The standards (processes, data formats) are mandatory for the digital continuity in the extended enterprise
• There is a great dynamism and promising results of the PLM Task Force projects
• The business needs of the users must drive the standards, the vendors roadmaps & Use cases
• We need the involvement of all major industrial companies
• We need to extend our actions to other sectors (nuclear, construction, …) and standards (e.g. BIM, IFC)
• We need for a long term governance of the standards taking advantage of the current AFNeT PLM Task Force
The AFNeT PLM Task Force and its main contributions to the STEP AP242 development, testing and validation were presented before a wide presentation of the vendors solutions on STEP AP242. This was the opportunity to evaluate the strong involvement of some of them in the AP242 support and PDM Implementor Forum participation.
Last and not least , the future roadmap for standard developments and the next challenges in the Digital integration for the « Factories of the future » were presented to provide us in outlook in our next year activities.
All the presentations from The Industry needs, the AFNeT PLM Task Force Projects and the vendors AP242 interoperability solutions are available for download.