About AFNeT Standardization Days
On March 23rd 2016, AFNeT and its partners have organized the 1st edition of AFNeT Standardization Day on the subject of « Digital threads in industry based on PLM open standards ».
A successful event with more than 150 participants from France, Germany and UK and five major industrial sectors Aerospace & Defence, Automotive, Construction, Nuclear, Railway & Shipbuilding.
The audience had the opportunity to share the industry needs for the digital thread in multiple industries : Rail, Nuclear, Automotive, Defence and Aerospace:
• The digital transformation is vital for their competitiveness (costs, time to market, quality) … or their survival
• The standards (processes, data formats) are mandatory for the digital continuity in the extended enterprise
• There is a great dynamism and promising results of the PLM Task Force projects
• The business needs of the users must drive the standards, the vendors roadmaps & Use cases
• We need the involvement of all major industrial companies
• We need to extend our actions to other sectors (nuclear, construction, …) and standards (e.g. BIM, IFC)
• We need for a long term governance of the standards taking advantage of the current AFNeT PLM Task Force
The AFNeT PLM Task Force and its main contributions to the STEP AP242 development, testing and validation were presented before a wide presentation of the vendors solutions on STEP AP242. This was the opportunity to evaluate the strong involvement of some of them in the AP242 support and PDM Implementor Forum participation.
Last and not least , the future roadmap for standard developments and the next challenges in the Digital integration for the « Factories of the future » were presented to provide us in outlook in our next year activities.
All the presentations from The Industry needs, the AFNeT PLM Task Force Projects and the vendors AP242 interoperability solutions are available for download.
- 3rd edition of the AFNeT Standardization Days 17th – 18th of May 2018 19/03/2018
- 2nd edition of the AFNeT Standardization Days 19th – 20th of April 2017 18/04/2017
- Agenda — 2nd edition of the AFNeT Standardization Days 19th – 20th of April 2017 06/04/2017
- Participez à la 2ème édition des AFNeT Standardization Days les 19 et 20/04/2017 14/03/2017
- Téléchargez les présentations de l’AFNeT Standardization Day 2016 04/04/2016
- Le programme détaillé de « l’AFNeT Standardization Day 2016 : Digital threads in industry based on PLM open standards » du 23/03/2016 est publié ! 02/03/2016
- Inscrivez-vous à l’AFNeT Standardization Day 2016 : Digital threads in industry based on PLM open standards 26/02/2016
- AFNeT Standardization Day » le 23/03/2016 de 9H30 à 17H00 15/02/2016
- AFNeT Standardization Day 2016 le 23/03/2016 : Digital threads in industry based on PLM open standards 05/02/2016